We are pleased to announce the participation of our 8th Floor CFD@FSB Group in exaFOAM!
What is exaFOAM?
exaFOAM is a Consortium consisting of a well-balanced group of experts to work on the co-design of OpenFOAM targeting (pre)-exascale HPC architectures.
It was founded after the successful bid in the EUROHPC-03-2019 call: Industrial software codes for extreme scale computing environments and applications.
What is the challenge?
- To enable the OpenFOAM Community to exploit efficiently and thoroughly the current and evolving HPC hardware and middleware.
- To seek synergies with expert open-source centres of knowledge, including the use of novel mathematical methods and algorithms.
What is the scope?
- To improve industrial software and codes based on OpenFOAM technology for industrial users to fully exploit the new capabilities of extreme performance HPC environments.
- Novel algorithms, efficiency, scalability, refactoring, porting and optimisation to novel HPC hardware and software architectures of increased performance.
- ESI Group (France)
- CINECA Consorzio InterUniversitario (Italy)
- E4 Computer Engineering SpA (Italy)ž
- Politecnico di Milano (Italy)
- University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- Technische Universitaet Darmstadt (Germany)
- Wikki (Germany)
- Upstream CFD (Germany)
- Universitaet Stuttgart, HLRS (Germany)
- Barcelona Supercomputing Center, BSC (Spain)
- National Technical University of Athens, NTUA (Greece)
- University of Minho (Portugal)